As mentioned in my previous post I bought Mobitel HSPA connection. When I bought the connection, I bought a new modem too (HUAWEI E156G).
Modem is working perfectly fine on Windows with Mobile Partner software but when it comes to Ubuntu it has problems.
My previous modem E220 had almost no issues on Ubuntu. As you connect your modem everything is done on plug-and-play basis, but when it comes to E156G it was not the same case. First I thought the USB Modem is not even recognized as a device, but Ubuntu did find it but didn’t bring up any pop-up as it does for E220.
Did a googling and found out the way. Hope it’ll be helpful as many people are buying Mobitel HSPA these days.
- First right click on the Network icon and choose Edit Connections
- Now choose Mobile BroadBand tab
- Click on Add button and choose Mobitel
- Once you done with the wizard click on Mobitel and choose edit
- there make sure you have *99# as Number and Mobitel3g as APN.
That’s all now you can connect to Internet using HUAWEI E156G. If you’re using a different provider then change the Number and APN accordingly.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive a free udpates
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.